Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

some problems in my software COMSOL5.2

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am learn from the cases in the official web, in a case, the guide said I should choose "circle" in the "geometory". But there is not the "circle" in the "geometory" in my software. thank you!

9 Replies Last Post Jan 22, 2016, 11:01 a.m. EST

Posted: 8 years ago Jan 18, 2016, 5:43 a.m. EST
Dear Chen, you can't create a circle in 3D but a sphere or a cylinder. To create a circle you should use a workplane first.
Dear Chen, you can't create a circle in 3D but a sphere or a cylinder. To create a circle you should use a workplane first.

Posted: 8 years ago Jan 18, 2016, 10:37 a.m. EST
Dear Piquerel, thank you for your reply. I tried it again also with the workplane but there is still no "circle".
Dear Piquerel, thank you for your reply. I tried it again also with the workplane but there is still no "circle".

Posted: 8 years ago Jan 18, 2016, 10:57 a.m. EST
Dear Chen,
You have to click on the "Plane Geometrie" (in the tree view) first!
Dear Chen, You have to click on the "Plane Geometrie" (in the tree view) first!

Posted: 8 years ago Jan 18, 2016, 11:37 a.m. EST
this is the guide from the official website, can I say it is quite different from your suggestion
this is the guide from the official website, can I say it is quite different from your suggestion

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago Jan 22, 2016, 9:37 a.m. EST
Fair point. We'll correct that documentation to make it clear that one needs to get into the work plane in order to get access to the Circle primitive.
Thank you for pointing it out.
Best,
Jeff
Fair point. We'll correct that documentation to make it clear that one needs to get into the work plane in order to get access to the Circle primitive. Thank you for pointing it out. Best, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago Jan 22, 2016, 10:03 a.m. EST
thank you very much for your reply, and I have another doubt with the example titled <<Anisotropic Heat Transfer through Woven Carbon Fibers>> on the page 13 of the pdf, I can find the "selection" button but the button is disable. I have tried a lot of times, but it is still disable. I made a screenshot in the attachment, could you help check this. Thanks a lot.

best regards,
chen
thank you very much for your reply, and I have another doubt with the example titled on the page 13 of the pdf, I can find the "selection" button but the button is disable. I have tried a lot of times, but it is still disable. I made a screenshot in the attachment, could you help check this. Thanks a lot. best regards, chen

Posted: 8 years ago Jan 22, 2016, 10:17 a.m. EST
Hi Chen,
I am unable to download your file. I suspect it may have something to do with the special characters in the file name. Can you please save the file under a name that uses only letters and numbers and re-post?
Thanks,
Jeff
Hi Chen, I am unable to download your file. I suspect it may have something to do with the special characters in the file name. Can you please save the file under a name that uses only letters and numbers and re-post? Thanks, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago Jan 22, 2016, 10:19 a.m. EST
ok, I attached it again, thanks
ok, I attached it again, thanks

Posted: 8 years ago Jan 22, 2016, 11:01 a.m. EST
Thanks, renaming the file did the trick.
You're right, a step is missing in the instructions. Where it says

"Selection
On the Results toolbar, click Selection"

it should say instead

"Selection
In the Model Builder, select the Results > Data Sets > Study 1/Solution 1(sol1) node
On the Results toolbar, click Selection"

Thanks for pointing it out.
If you find other issues with the documentation, we recommend that you please report them to support@comsol.com . While a few COMSOL employees occasionally contribute to the Discussion Forum, we do not keep that close an eye on it.
Best,
Jeff
Thanks, renaming the file did the trick. You're right, a step is missing in the instructions. Where it says "Selection On the Results toolbar, click Selection" it should say instead "Selection In the Model Builder, select the Results > Data Sets > Study 1/Solution 1(sol1) node On the Results toolbar, click Selection" Thanks for pointing it out. If you find other issues with the documentation, we recommend that you please report them to support@comsol.com . While a few COMSOL employees occasionally contribute to the Discussion Forum, we do not keep that close an eye on it. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.