Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Strange errors about several "uncorrelative problem".

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, everyone

I am in trouble when solve PDE problem. There are 5 sets of couplied PDEs and 8 boundary conditions, and a term of "(u1/u2)^0.5" is in one of the eqations.

Then whether there must have 10 boundary conditions for 5 sets of PDEs (2:1)?

The strange error is show below.

1. When I remove 2 boundary conditions, i.e, the number of conditions now is 6, Comsol would cue that: "Failed to evaluate expression" when solving, that mean that the expression of "(u1/u2)^0.5" is wrong.

2. When I sovle the 5 sets of couplied PDEs with 8 boundary conditions, the result can be received even if it is not so good. Then how the wrong of "(u1/u2)^0.5" disappear ?

So weather the term of "(u1/u2)^0.5" is wrong? How to handle the number of boundary conditions? How to treat the PDE problem?

Could anybody guard me a alternative way?

Thank you very much!

youf.

0 Replies Last Post Oct 9, 2010, 10:30 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello youf Blue

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.