Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Data Set: Array 3D on triangular lattice?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have question regarding the Array 3D datasets (under the Data Sets section in the Results node). It natively creates an array of the input dataset with a periodicity in x/y/z, so that the initial dataset appears on a kind of rectangular lattice.
Does anyone know, whether this is possible to change to other arrays for example on a triangular lattice?

I currently try to simulate some fields on a triangular lattice using Floquet boundaries. At the moment I just plot the simplest unit cell (which is kind of a parallelogram), but I would like to extend that to a few unit cells to make the mode shape better visible.

Thanks already in advance!

Best,
Hannes

1 Reply Last Post Jan 25, 2016, 2:10 a.m. EST
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Jan 25, 2016, 2:10 a.m. EST
Does anyone know, whether this is possible to change to other arrays for example on a triangular lattice?

Only rectangular lattices are supported.

[QUOTE]Does anyone know, whether this is possible to change to other arrays for example on a triangular lattice?[/QUOTE] Only rectangular lattices are supported.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.