Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Export data of Point Graph

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
In Comsol 4.0a, is it possible to export data from a 1D Point Graph towards txt file ? In the case where the x coordinate corresponds to a geometrical parameter (a radius of the geometry of my model), the exported file contains only the header and not the x,y data of the curve!
Thanks

7 Replies Last Post Oct 16, 2010, 8:22 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 14, 2010, 6:21 p.m. EDT
Hi
have youtried the excel format export ? (havnt 4.0a on ym PC here to test)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have youtried the excel format export ? (havnt 4.0a on ym PC here to test) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 14, 2010, 10:20 p.m. EDT

Hi
have youtried the excel format export ? (havnt 4.0a on ym PC here to test)

--
Good luck
Ivar

It seems that there is no excel format export in comsol4 (Is it true?), I only find the .txt file option.
[QUOTE] Hi have youtried the excel format export ? (havnt 4.0a on ym PC here to test) -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE] It seems that there is no excel format export in comsol4 (Is it true?), I only find the .txt file option.

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 15, 2010, 12:51 a.m. EDT
Hi,
Thank you for the answer. I tried "Spreadsheet" and "Sectionwise" data format and both didn't work. Furthermore, both data format correspond to a txt format. I don't see how to export toward a Excel format?
Thank you,
Guy
Hi, Thank you for the answer. I tried "Spreadsheet" and "Sectionwise" data format and both didn't work. Furthermore, both data format correspond to a txt format. I don't see how to export toward a Excel format? Thank you, Guy

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 15, 2010, 1:46 a.m. EDT
Hi
then its in Excel compatible txt format, try a convert data to table in Excel

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi then its in Excel compatible txt format, try a convert data to table in Excel -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 15, 2010, 3:03 a.m. EDT
Hi,
Probably, I badly explained. The problem is that the txt exported file is empty and it only contains the header data such as.
But I found a solution !!!
I used a "Model Couplings" Definitions. Then, after computing, I plotted a 1D Global plot. In this case the Exported Data txt file contains all the data (header + x,y points).

Thanks,
Guy
Hi, Probably, I badly explained. The problem is that the txt exported file is empty and it only contains the header data such as. But I found a solution !!! I used a "Model Couplings" Definitions. Then, after computing, I plotted a 1D Global plot. In this case the Exported Data txt file contains all the data (header + x,y points). Thanks, Guy

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 16, 2010, 4:45 a.m. EDT
Hi

Good approach.
One other thing, if you define a new coupling or operator, for postprocessing, you do not need to fully rerun your study, a: Study - SolverConfig - Solver - Solution - Update will do the job, and is mostly quicker

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Good approach. One other thing, if you define a new coupling or operator, for postprocessing, you do not need to fully rerun your study, a: Study - SolverConfig - Solver - Solution - Update will do the job, and is mostly quicker -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 16, 2010, 8:22 a.m. EDT
Thank you Ivar!
Guy
Thank you Ivar! Guy

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.