Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to add another Elasto Visco-plasticity model other than ANAND Model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i am doing welding simulation and want to apply chaboche visco-plasticity model. I have equations of chaboche model. But when i am trying to apply visco-plasticity there is no option for user defined model so that i can add my model manually. there is only ANAND model available. Can anyone help me plz.
Thanks in advance

2 Replies Last Post Apr 1, 2016, 4:31 a.m. EDT
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago Mar 16, 2016, 11:57 a.m. EDT
Hi,

There are two ways in which you can do this:

a) Program the material model yourself and use the External strain / External material functionality (requires version 5.2).

or

b) Use a 'User defined' model under Creep, and add extra distributed ODE's for time-marching the evolution of the back stress in the Chaboche model.

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, There are two ways in which you can do this: a) Program the material model yourself and use the External strain / External material functionality (requires version 5.2). or b) Use a 'User defined' model under Creep, and add extra distributed ODE's for time-marching the evolution of the back stress in the Chaboche model. Regards, Henrik

Posted: 8 years ago Apr 1, 2016, 4:31 a.m. EDT
thanks Henrik for your reply

don't have 5.2 so can't go with ur 1st suggestion.
bt i tried to write equations in ODE's and under creep in user defined model its asking only creep rate tensor!!! i don't understand how to relate that equations in that...can u plz tell
n also if u hav any ready-made simple model file where this problem has been encountered, plz send that wd be very helpfull.

thanks,
manish
thanks Henrik for your reply don't have 5.2 so can't go with ur 1st suggestion. bt i tried to write equations in ODE's and under creep in user defined model its asking only creep rate tensor!!! i don't understand how to relate that equations in that...can u plz tell n also if u hav any ready-made simple model file where this problem has been encountered, plz send that wd be very helpfull. thanks, manish

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.