Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Find force field acting on a 3D linear elastic material knowing displacement field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,I'm a beginner of Comsol.
I want to model organ deformation using solid mechanic module.
In my model I consider that an organ (a parotid ) is made of a linear elastic material with the basic properties defined as suitable for soft tissue (Poisson ratio=0.48,Young modulus =11 kPa,density= 1 kg/m3) .I know the deformation field for that organ and I would like to obtain the boundary load conditions that have produced that displacement in order to apply the obtained load to another organ acquired from CT images of a new different patient.
I'm able to import my displacement field as point cloud data thanks to interpolations node and correctly visualized it as prescribed displacement.
Now my question is: how can I obtain the force field that produced that displacement filed?

0 Replies Last Post Mar 21, 2016, 6:25 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Francesca Itta

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.