Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Optical Ray Tracing Module: How to plot an OPD plot ?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All

Have you found out how to trace an Optical Path Difference plot ?
I want to load the Optical Path Length "gop.L" of my on-axis ray (starting at Point N from tag rpt1) into a Definition Variable "AxisOPL", such that I can plot the other rays as OPD (differences) as a ray Trajectory with a formula of the type "gop.L - AxisOPL"

Or whatever other way to plot the OPD that I have missed out ;)

--
Thanks in advance
Ivar

PS: webmaster, by the way Optical Ray Module, as well as Wave Optics Module, are both missing from the "Recommended Topics" list below ...

1 Reply Last Post Mar 26, 2016, 9:04 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Mar 26, 2016, 9:04 a.m. EDT
Dear All

Linus, from "support", gave me this trick to get the index of an Optical Ray bundle:
Define a variable for the first Ray in the list gop.ipdx==1 :

OPL_axis = gop.gopop1(gop.L*(gop.pidx==1))

In the usual COMSOL way I tend to forget "sum over i=1..1" to extract the variable from a list

--
Thanks for
Ivar
Dear All Linus, from "support", gave me this trick to get the index of an Optical Ray bundle: Define a variable for the first Ray in the list gop.ipdx==1 : OPL_axis = gop.gopop1(gop.L*(gop.pidx==1)) In the usual COMSOL way I tend to forget "sum over i=1..1" to extract the variable from a list -- Thanks for Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.