Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to call external MATLAB functions from COMSOL?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with calling an external MATLAB function from COMSOL model and I would be grateful for any assistance.
When I try to call an external MATLAB function from COMSOL I get an error which said:

"External MATLAB functions are disabled in the security preferences".

What does this security preferences mean? Due to this fact that I use Academic license for MATLAB, could it be the source of error? or I missed something else?

Kind regards,
Ebrahim

2 Replies Last Post Apr 1, 2016, 12:20 p.m. EDT

Posted: 8 years ago Apr 1, 2016, 2:10 a.m. EDT
You should check documentation livelink for Matlab .

"Allowing External Processes
To run MATLAB functions you need to allow external processes in the security
preferences.
In the COMSOL Desktop go to the Preferences and select Security, in the General
section select Allow external processes and libraries. Then click OK.
In the COMSOL Server, you need to connect as administrator then go to
Administration>Preferences, in the Security section set Allow external processes and
libraries to On. Then click Save."
You should check documentation livelink for Matlab . "Allowing External Processes To run MATLAB functions you need to allow external processes in the security preferences. In the COMSOL Desktop go to the Preferences and select Security, in the General section select Allow external processes and libraries. Then click OK. In the COMSOL Server, you need to connect as administrator then go to Administration>Preferences, in the Security section set Allow external processes and libraries to On. Then click Save."

Posted: 8 years ago Apr 1, 2016, 12:20 p.m. EDT
Thank you so much for the notes.
Thank you so much for the notes.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.