Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulating induction heating of a CAD imported geometry in COMSOL 5.2

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello to all

I am looking for some assistance. I have a cad geometry that I imported from AutoCAD and would like to simulate the induction heating process on it. My objective is to see the temperature distribution with the geometry as well as the eddy currents distribution.
I was able to import the cad geometry and the induction coil configuration into comsol and was able to specify the materials and necessary parameters.
At first I used the Induction Heating Module but I do not get anything on the graphics window or the report just prints the configuration without the graphics.
Then I tried a different approach using the AC/DC module and the results are the same.
I am a new user of COMSOL and the version I am using is 5.2...There must be something I am doing wrong but I am unable to figure out what it is.
The frequency is 10kHz and the Coil current is 100A with 113 turns. The Study is Frequency-Stationary

Please assist

Thank you

0 Replies Last Post Apr 26, 2016, 3:50 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Last Cement

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.