Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

serval questions of heat transfer in my project

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello
As the figure shows, I am using the fllowing models
(Heat Transfer>Conjugate Heat Transfer>Laminar Flow
Stationary situation
Surface-to-Surface Radiation), and try to find the temperature distribution of the air and the spheres.
I simplified the original object into two spheres,since its shape was very complex. The latter sphere has a boundary heat source.
I have some questions to solve:
1.Since the object was simplified, so the real convective area was changed, i need to modify the convective heat transfer coefficient, but I can't find the modify interface in comsol.
2.The Surface-to-Surface Radiation was considered, and the model is periodic, so I need to define the periodic boundaries as perfect mirrors (the default insulated conditions are just fine to the convective heat transfer and conduction heat transfer), but I can't find the interface in comsol,too.
3. Since the original object was simplified into two spheres, so the heat conduction was incorrect,because the spheres are not contacted.I want to find the ht.gardT between the spheres and use the Fourier's law of heat conduction to define extra heat source on spheres, is it right?
thank you

1 Reply Last Post Aug 13, 2016, 12:09 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello 琪斌 朱

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Aug 13, 2016, 12:09 a.m. EDT
Hello,
I want to build a model that convection between two sphere filling with fluid.can you give that model.
Hello, I want to build a model that convection between two sphere filling with fluid.can you give that model.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.