Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Rotating Magnet question - do physical properties also have to be "rotated" ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone -

I have a problem about rotating physical quantities together with the domain the occupy.

Here is my problem:

When I impose a rotation on a magnet and I impose a certain magnetization vector , do I have to impose the same rotation function for the magnetization vector as well?

Right now i have a spinning magnet about a fixed axis (I used the ALE module), and I impose M = (M_bar, 0) in the subdomain description under one of the AC/DC modules.

At other time steps I still see the same M = (Mbar, 0) , that is M_y = 0 for all time instants I solved for.

Now, if I plot the magnetization M_x , the rotated square shows up and the value for M is Mbar inside the square and zero outside. That seems right.

When I plot let's say the magnetic potential, my solution doesn't change in space even though I see the square rotating. It's like the magnetic potential was solved for the value M= (M_bar, 0)

The magnetization should "occupy" the region of the square and it does, and the potential should look different (i.e. rotated), but it does not.

Any thought?

0 Replies Last Post Nov 18, 2010, 3:32 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Giorgio Calanni

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.