Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundaries and Domains

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am making a model based on microwave heating. My model consists of a substrate and two thin films (so called domain1, 2 and 3). I added the relevant materials to corresponding domains. Now
-When I add heat flux or diffuse heat or anyother subnode to the physics, the materials node gives an error that "the corresponding boundaries need a material", even though I have already added materials to all domains.
-I tried to add materials to boundaries instead of domain, but now it gives an error that "domains (e.g.1,2,3) need materials.
-I tried to add materials after defining the physics sub nodes(e.g. heat flux), but the problem still persists.

So, in this situation I have to add two sub nodes of every material: one for corresponding domain and the other for corresponding boundaries. Although the simulation runs at the end, but I am curious to know what is the reason behind this type of error, because domains and boundaries for the same component should shouldn't be needed to define twice (in principle).

Help to understand the problem is appreciated. Thanks

0 Replies Last Post May 27, 2016, 9:07 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hasan Ali

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.