Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem in implementing model of doubly clamped piezoelectric energy harvester

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I am totally new for working on COMSOL 5.0. This is my learning stage. First I have simulated the COMSOL tutorial, based on piezoelectric energy harvester and on the basis of that I am implementing model for doubly clamped piezoelectric energy harvester with segregated electrodes . I have to observe its voltage and power response in frequency domain. According to the attached paper, i have designed a cantilever beam with length=140mm, width=25mm and height 0.8mm. In this design 0.3mm piezoelectric layer has been sandwiched between two segregated electrodes. I have used blocks to implement this design. Please find the image in attached file. I am using PZT 5A for piezoelectric , Silicon for substrate and aluminium for electrodes. I have following doubts related to its geometry.
(1 )The way by which i have implemented the device is correct or i did something wrong, Kindly suggest.
(2) Have electrodes should be defined through blocks or there is some another way to defined them.

Apart that, I am stucked at meshing point. Lots of errors have been raised due to the thin height of the beam. I don't understand that how to use electrical circuit here to obtain voltage across a resistor in frequency domain.
Please help me in implementing the device . Yours kind help will direct me in the correct direction in my research.

Kindly help!!!!!!!!!!

0 Replies Last Post Jul 4, 2016, 6:01 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shradha Saxena

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.