Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Extrusion operator query

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a 1-D model. It consists of 2 physics; 1 is a coefficient form PDE evaluated across the 1-D domain and the other is lower dimension coefficient form PDE evaluated at one of the boundaries of my 1-D problem.

I want to use the value of the dependent variable evaluated by the lower dimension coefficient form PDE across the whole domain in the 1st PDE.

Is this possible to do in comsol using extrusion operator??

Thanks in advance
Vishnu

1 Reply Last Post Jul 14, 2016, 2:53 a.m. EDT
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Jul 14, 2016, 2:53 a.m. EDT
Hi

Yes, this is what Extrusion couplings are for. You can "extrude" a variable from a dimension into another dimension using a coordinate transformation.

If I read your post correctly you just wish to use the value of a variable that is defined in a point in the rest of the model. In that event it may be easier simply to add an integration coupling (found under Definitions->Component Couplings) for a the single point that makes up your boundary.

--
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi Yes, this is what Extrusion couplings are for. You can "extrude" a variable from a dimension into another dimension using a coordinate transformation. If I read your post correctly you just wish to use the value of a variable that is defined in a point in the rest of the model. In that event it may be easier simply to add an integration coupling (found under Definitions->Component Couplings) for a the single point that makes up your boundary. -- Lars Gregersen Comsol Denmark

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.