Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Charger Heating

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello.

The premise of my simulation goes like this. I am creating a charger device that has a copper coil on the inside. The coil is suppose to heat up and heat up the charger. There are also 2 temperature sensors inside the charger. The purpose of the temperature sensors is to detect the temperature on the surface of the charger. The whole point of the simulation is to determine if the temperature read by the sensors is close to what is actually read on the surface of the charger.

I am getting most of my ideas for this model from the PSU cooling model on the COMSOL website. For my simulation I am only using the Heat Transfer (ht) module to model my design. Right now the only boundary conditions I have are "Heat Transfer in Solids 1", "Initial Values", "Thermal Insulation 1", and "Heat Source". Are there other boundary conditions I am missing? I try running the simulation but it seems to be in an infinite loop where it never solves anything. All the material properties are also programed in, and the geometry is not showing any hiccups. Some guidance wound be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance .

0 Replies Last Post Jul 20, 2016, 5:13 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jaylin Carter

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.