Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

DC Simulation with Conductivity as a function of T and E

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I am trying to make a DC Cable simulation on comsol by assigning a electrical conductivity to the insulation that depends both on the electric field and the temperature.

-I have made the model for Joule heating and coupled the electric currents and the heat transfer by the multiphysics.
-I also made a special analytic function for the electrical conductivity of the insulation. But I feel that the variables E and T have to be sourced from the results itself (piecewise). So in order to do that I used"comp1.T" and "comp1.ec.normE" in place of T and E.

I have attached my model for reference.

-However comsol gives me an error saying "Failed to evaluate variable.- Variable: comp1.T"
I dont understand where I am going wrong. Please help me if you know how to work this out! Thank you

1 Reply Last Post Aug 17, 2016, 10:42 a.m. EDT
François Mandias COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Aug 17, 2016, 10:42 a.m. EDT
Dear Saliha,

I suggest you address your post directly to: support@comsol.com

Best,
François Mandias
Dear Saliha, I suggest you address your post directly to: support@comsol.com Best, François Mandias

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.