Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Laser material interaction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am new with COMSOL. I am trying to simulate laser induced heat conduction through a thin film stack and surface temperature. But I have trouble expressing the heat source(laser power distribution) in a 2D/2D axisymmetric model. The problem is defining the y-axis range(2D model) or z-axi range(in axisym 2D model). Because when I change the thickness of the stack the temperature distribution changes which indicates probably the heat flux at the surface is not same. How to deal with it?? The geometry I define is from (0,0) onward to positive.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mahir

1 Reply Last Post Sep 12, 2016, 2:35 a.m. EDT
François Mandias COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Sep 12, 2016, 2:35 a.m. EDT
Dear Mahir,

Please address your post directly to: support@comsol.com

Best,
François Mandias
Dear Mahir, Please address your post directly to: support@comsol.com Best, François Mandias

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.