Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Equations Based Modeling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to use the PDE coefficient form to solve the equation below, is there a way I can input this into comsol?

ut +2*v*gradu + u/S div (S*v)=f

where S = C (1-u) + sig (x); and v = grad (k/u+v^2+div(v/u))

I am not sure if these approaches are the best ways to go about it:
1. Use a weak contribution for v, without the use of test function while defining S as a variable and v as an auxilliary variable.
2. create another pde coefficient interface for v, making v another independent variable, so that there is a two-system of equation.

Thanks for your anticipated assistance.

0 Replies Last Post Oct 11, 2016, 7:22 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Femi Oyedokun

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.