Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Some one can HELP? A COMSOL3.3 model cannot to be used in COMSOL5.2 ?~~

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,
I 'm using COMSOL5.2 to simulate a project. Now I meet a problem.
My mentor is using a old version: COMSOL3.3. I want to use his model in my COMSOL5.2, but it says they are not compatible. I read the COMSOL help document and know that a COMSOL 3.5 can be imported into COMSOL5.2 but what if a COMSOL3.3 model?
Now I don't know how to solve the problem and I haven't found some documents about it. It really trouble me for a long time, so I think maybe some people here can help me with it.
Thanks for all of you in advance.
Dustin

2 Replies Last Post Jan 8, 2017, 8:07 p.m. EST
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 8 years ago Jan 7, 2017, 2:21 p.m. EST
Comsol Multiphysics has changed enormously since version 3.3 . If you have working versions of both 3.3 and 5.2a, my suggestion (just my opinion) is that you open the old model in version 3.3, study it carefully so you understand all the geometry, the materials, and physics there, and then rebuild the model from scratch (i.e., all new) in 5.2a. You'll be much better off than attempting cumbersome porting, and your new model will allow you to modify settings, geometries, etc, much easier.
Comsol Multiphysics has changed enormously since version 3.3 . If you have working versions of both 3.3 and 5.2a, my suggestion (just my opinion) is that you open the old model in version 3.3, study it carefully so you understand all the geometry, the materials, and physics there, and then rebuild the model from scratch (i.e., all new) in 5.2a. You'll be much better off than attempting cumbersome porting, and your new model will allow you to modify settings, geometries, etc, much easier.

Posted: 8 years ago Jan 8, 2017, 8:07 p.m. EST
Thank you very much Robert. It seems the only way~
Thank you very much Robert. It seems the only way~

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.