Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

non-uniform initial temperature distribution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am trying in a 2D model get a non uniform initial temperature distribution. I have made an analytic function, like T = 1000*e^(-4x)

I think I have to set 'x' first, but I don't know how to do it.

Can anybody help me to achieve this?

Thanks!!

1 Reply Last Post Feb 22, 2017, 6:28 a.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Feb 22, 2017, 6:28 a.m. EST
Comsol should know a priori the spatial coordinates, hence you have not to define x.
I suggest you to create a piecewise function (pw1) where you specify where x is supposed to vary, and then you can set a Temperature boundary where T=pw1(x).
Comsol should know a priori the spatial coordinates, hence you have not to define x. I suggest you to create a piecewise function (pw1) where you specify where x is supposed to vary, and then you can set a Temperature boundary where T=pw1(x).

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.