Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to plot a 'variation of Nusselt number vs distance' graph in Comsol ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,
I am trying to plot the 'variation of Nusselt number vs distance' for my project.
According to the problem statement, there is a convective flow inside a 2D square , whose sides are maintained at different temperatures. The bottom surface is maintained at a higher temperature as compared to the side surfaces. The liquid inside is initially at rest, until convection prevails.
I am required to plot the variation of local Nusselt number along the bottom and side walls with respect to the wall distances. But we cannot put an expression for local Nusselt number for plotting the graph. So what expression must we write in place of Local Nusselt number (to be ploted along y-axis) in order to obtain the required plot (as per the attached file) ?

Someone please help...!

0 Replies Last Post Apr 10, 2017, 3:26 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Arnab Chowdhury

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.