Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3-D Piezoelectric Energy Harvester

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am trying to convert the application model "Piezoelectric Energy Harvester"(www.comsol.com/model/piezoelectric-energy-harvester-21421) into a 3-D model to apply the frequency response study set-up to some relevant research. I have encountered a lot of issues with making the computation to work, however, so I am wondering if there is a glaring difference between the working 2-D model and a would-be 3-D model that I overlooked.
I pretty much just made all of line boundaries that defined the interfaces into respective surfaces in the 3-D model, and am using a free tetrahedral mesh. Other than that, just about everything else has remained the same, including the circuit node numberings.
The issues have ranged from an absurd amount of computation time that my computer couldn't handle, to the return of completely static results (i.e. the stress result for each frequency is just a green image of the original beam).
Any thoughts as to what I could be missing or what could help with making it work would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.

0 Replies Last Post Apr 11, 2017, 12:23 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shelby Rushe

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.