Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am a new user of COMSOL and a first time FE user. I have watched many videos and am unable to do what I want. I would like to create a sphere. I would like water outside the cell and inside conductive water, I would like to put a voltage across the inside of the sphere to the outside and attempt to determine the voltage on the outside.
After this I would like to add another layer/mesh in order to simulate a double layered cell and see if this changes anything. I hope what I have decided to do is fairly simple. I would greatly appreciate if someone could talk me through this.
I have started by selecting 3D model / ACDC / Electric current (Ec) /time dependant /
now I don't know how to go about actually building this, I really need step by step in depth instructions if anyone will be kind enough to do this for me please.
I know two boundary conditions I will want to add are electrical potential and terminal.

0 Replies Last Post Jul 6, 2017, 9:39 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sara Qureshi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.