Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Migration of species

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello sir,

I am trying to model the migration of chloride ions from reinforcement(rebar) which potential is -11.5 V to the surface of the (top) concrete where the potential is 0V.potential must be only given to rebar which the electrode inside the cocrete.other thing is the current that passes between rebar and concrete surface(anode i.e is a copper mesh) is caused due to the conductivity of electrolyte which is a fuction of the cocerntration of chloride ions.I want to find how the current that passes between those elctordes which the rebar and copper mesh varies with concrentration and finally current with time.finally the model i am going to simulate is ECR model(which is electrochemical chloride ion removal) which is 3D model.If you mind would please me your email address so i could send my model to you.

other thing i want to ask is how can find the localized current for the reaction turning copper to cu2+.The thing i need to find is dissovling of the copper mesh with time and to find the optimum copper mesh mass that has to be provided extract chloride ions from the concrete.

these extracted chloride ions will react with calcium hyroxide and form calcium chloride which is a stable salt helping extracting more chloride ions and must the optimum calcuim hydroxide amiunt needed .

thank you sir

0 Replies Last Post Jul 31, 2017, 1:56 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Roshid Rodrigo

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.