Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

wave optics and ac/dc module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I always appreciate much information being provided on this forum.

I have some questions with my simulation.

First, I am using 2D space and want to use 2D gaussian incident light with high NA.

My incident light is focused on the metal wire which should have a electrical current. So I think I should use both wave optics and ac/dc module. In this case, I try to use 'electromagnetic waves, frequency domain' and 'electric currents'.

I checked that wave optics works great before I introduce the ac/dc module. But after introducing it, I think two physics are not working together. So I started to wonder if these two modules can work or not. And up to now, there is seemingly one problem. When I put terminal and ground node, their positions are overlapped with the interface of PML and the metal wire which should have a electrical current.

1 Reply Last Post Aug 4, 2017, 10:46 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Aug 4, 2017, 10:46 p.m. EDT
Hi,
I am facing the same problem to check the effect of constant magnetic field on the absorption of gold nano sphere but still not successful. Have got some progress in this?

best
Ali
Hi, I am facing the same problem to check the effect of constant magnetic field on the absorption of gold nano sphere but still not successful. Have got some progress in this? best Ali

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.