Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

ask for a question about aeroacoustic

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, how to define the symmetry in the weak form PDE? althrough in the example, Helmholtz case, add the costraint in the boudaries, i don't know why the V is set to 0 on the first row(seen as attachment)? I spent much time to help but i still don't understand reason. I hope someone could help. Many thanks. My email is c.xu@soton.ac.uk

1 Reply Last Post Oct 30, 2017, 4:11 p.m. EDT
Mads Herring Jensen COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Oct 30, 2017, 4:11 p.m. EDT

Hi Chen

This is the model from the Blog that we have been discussing. In a flow problem (the data that is being mapped here) symmetry means that there is not normal velocity to the given symmetry surface. In this model this means that the velocity in the y-direction is equal to zero, V0 = 0. A constraint is an expression that is equal to zero. In this case we want to set V0 = 0, so this is why V0 is entered in the constraint section.

Best regards Mads

Hi Chen This is the model from the Blog that we have been discussing. In a flow problem (the data that is being mapped here) symmetry means that there is not normal velocity to the given symmetry surface. In this model this means that the velocity in the y-direction is equal to zero, V0 = 0. A constraint is an expression that is equal to zero. In this case we want to set V0 = 0, so this is why V0 is entered in the constraint section. Best regards Mads

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.