Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Drawing in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I've been fairly frustrated with COMSOL 4.0a recently - maybe someone can help. How do I draw a geometry in COMSOL? I'm in the graphics tab of "Geometry" right now and all I see are simple tools (e.g. "draw a line") at the top. How do I specify the length of the line I want to draw....it seems like i can only draw lines every 0.2 units? How do I draw lines that are 0.02 units, for example?

Any help would be appreciated
John

4 Replies Last Post Oct 21, 2014, 11:07 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 24, 2011, 4:29 a.m. EDT
well reading the documentation should be a good start maybe...
you will find answer to all these questions...
JF
well reading the documentation should be a good start maybe... you will find answer to all these questions... JF

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 24, 2011, 5:05 a.m. EDT
Hi

another suggestion, get hands on the latest release, its much "smoother" than the early 4.0 and you will be less frustrated as you have also the CNTRL Z that is back

Indeed its worth to read the doc, that is also far improved in the latest version, one thing, by default in v4 a line is set up to draw a solid, use "open" when you want "just" a line also the "Grid" is set in the Definition View

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi another suggestion, get hands on the latest release, its much "smoother" than the early 4.0 and you will be less frustrated as you have also the CNTRL Z that is back Indeed its worth to read the doc, that is also far improved in the latest version, one thing, by default in v4 a line is set up to draw a solid, use "open" when you want "just" a line also the "Grid" is set in the Definition View -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 24, 2011, 1:59 p.m. EDT
Something else to try is to go to File > Model Library, and work through some of the example tutorials.

~John
Something else to try is to go to File > Model Library, and work through some of the example tutorials. ~John

Posted: 10 years ago Oct 21, 2014, 11:07 p.m. EDT
you have to go to geometry in your model definitions and choose the shape and dimensions (at rightmost corner)
you have to go to geometry in your model definitions and choose the shape and dimensions (at rightmost corner)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.