Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Geometry will not render

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a component, and when I click on "Geometry" in the model builder, nothing shows up in the Graphics tab to the right. However, when I click on "Mesh", "Materials", or any of the physics in the model builder, the the design is correctly shown in the Graphics tab. I've attached some screenshots to show what I'm talking about. Note the selection under the model builder at the left of the screen.

I don't remember what caused the problem in this particular case, but I've run into problems in the past if I change a parameter that affects the geometry and then do "Build All" when I'm not viewing the geometry (e.g. I'm looking at a result).

Any help would be much appreciated. FWIW, I have this problem with both 5.2 and 5.2a under linux. I've tried both the software and opengl renderers. (I don't think the renderer is the problem since COMSOL is clearly capable of showing the design; it just chooses not to when I select geometry.) I've tried a lot of other things too; feel free to ask.

2 Replies Last Post Nov 15, 2017, 11:35 a.m. EST
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago Nov 15, 2017, 9:54 a.m. EST

Try this:

Click the "Zoom Extents" button. and Click the "View All" button.

-------------------
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Try this: Click the "Zoom Extents" button. and Click the "View All" button.

Posted: 7 years ago Nov 15, 2017, 11:35 a.m. EST

It worked, and I feel pretty foolish now. I could have swore that I tried different view settings, but I did have it in view hidden. I'm not sure why.

Thanks for the help!

It worked, and I feel pretty foolish now. I could have swore that I tried different view settings, but I did have it in view hidden. I'm not sure why. Thanks for the help!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.