Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Disk error while reading from temporary solution files

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

version: Comsol 4.1.0.185

when i was making a plot, the following error warning displayed: " Disk error while reading from temporary solution files".

But if i transformed the expression from "max(at(10,T),at(110),T)" to "max(at(80,T),at(110),T)" , everything would be ok.
My project is a transient problem, and i meant to get the maximum temperature from the specified time.
The temporary directory is fixed in E:\ ,and free space on the disk is still sufficient.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

5 Replies Last Post Dec 9, 2014, 3:00 p.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 28, 2011, 5:28 p.m. EDT
I had the same problem with a simple model and a computer with sufficient RAM and hard drive (32GB ram and 1 TB hard drive).
I had the same problem with a simple model and a computer with sufficient RAM and hard drive (32GB ram and 1 TB hard drive).

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 20, 2013, 11:30 a.m. EDT
I just got the exact same problem for two separate transient CFD problems. On one computer it was running a laminar flow with diffusion in 3D, on the other in was running k-e turbulent flow in 2D axisymmetric. I find it very odd that I can get the same problem on two different machines.
I just got the exact same problem for two separate transient CFD problems. On one computer it was running a laminar flow with diffusion in 3D, on the other in was running k-e turbulent flow in 2D axisymmetric. I find it very odd that I can get the same problem on two different machines.

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 25, 2014, 12:47 p.m. EST
I occasionally have the same problem, but thus far, I haven't found any reason for it. It seems to occur randomly, but might be worse in cases where I plot during solving. My only solution is to solve again, which is very aggravating for a long problem. I'm already on a large drive in NTFS, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.
I occasionally have the same problem, but thus far, I haven't found any reason for it. It seems to occur randomly, but might be worse in cases where I plot during solving. My only solution is to solve again, which is very aggravating for a long problem. I'm already on a large drive in NTFS, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.

Posted: 10 years ago Dec 9, 2014, 3:17 a.m. EST
Did you also change the directories for temporary and recovery files? This can be done under File>Preferences>Temporary Files.
Did you also change the directories for temporary and recovery files? This can be done under File>Preferences>Temporary Files.

Posted: 10 years ago Dec 9, 2014, 3:00 p.m. EST
Yes, that does seem to have helped, strangely enough.
Yes, that does seem to have helped, strangely enough.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.