Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

plot maximum or minimum displacement

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all, I am new to comsol. Here is a question in processing the results which might be trivil to you. I have simulatied a displacement time history response of a 2D domian. I would like to plot the maximum response of each point experienced in the domain and plot it as a 2D surface. The option that comsol provides is I choose a time frame and it provides me the max/min point value. But that's not what I want. So, is there an option giving the choice of plot the max/min envelope of all point?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply Last Post Dec 6, 2017, 9:15 a.m. EST
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago Dec 6, 2017, 9:15 a.m. EST

Hello Qianli,

The timemax and timemin operators do exactly what you want. The syntax to plot the maximum temperature T between t=0 and t=1[s] is timemax(0,1,T) . See Reference Manual for COMSOL Multiphysics version 5.3, page 252 for more details.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Qianli, The timemax and timemin operators do exactly what you want. The syntax to plot the maximum temperature T between t=0 and t=1[s] is timemax(0,1,T) . See Reference Manual for COMSOL Multiphysics version 5.3, page 252 for more details. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.