Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to make the system evaluate output at interpolated time instants?

for Excel®
, Introduction, Modeling Tools & Definitions, Parameters, Variables, & Functions, Results & Visualization, Studies & Solvers 0 Replies

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi , I am trying to study the response of a system under time dependant study and Electric Currents physics. I take my system input as an interpolation function defined as volt_fn(t). The independent variable t takes values 0,30,60,90 seconds and so on,corresponding to which the voltage varies. There are 400 such samples(thius it goes till 399*30=11970 seconds). I use 'piecewise cubic' for interpolation and 'constant' for extrapolation. Now, for the time dependant study, when i use point evaluation to find the potential at a point during the time instants i specify, I find that the program had been treating my samples as (0 to 399 seconds). {when i apply evaluation for range(0,1,11970) proper values are obtained till 400 samples(after which,due to constant extrapolation,same value is repeated); similarly when i apply evaluation for range(0,30,11970) values are obtained till ~13samples(11970/30)--(after which the last value repeats) }

How do I make the program understand that the data i gave is for every 30 seconds? I want to evaluate output at each second using the cubically interpolated data.

Thank you,

0 Replies Last Post Dec 1, 2017, 2:12 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nora Joby

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.