Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculating impedance of a single-turn coil suspended in a poly-amide

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an [archived discussion](/forum/thread/27276/calculating-impedanc Hello all,

I am trying to calculate the impedace of a coil suspended in a polyamide using EC and MF physics in time-domain study. After giving an input sinusoidal wave V(t), I calculate the current, I(t) by using a surface integration and then export the value of V(t)/I(t) to calculate the Z.

Is this the right approach to do? Theretically, Z should be equal to XL; but upon calculating the XL= 2pifL ( L=2W/(II)), W being the total magnetic energy, the XL value doesn't match with the Z value calculated using V(t)/I(t).

I wanted to use global evaluation to calculate th impedance, but I don't know how it works. I would be really grateful if someone kindly help me out about this. I have attached the .mph file for convenience.

0 Replies Last Post Jan 8, 2018, 4:00 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Utpal Saha

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.