Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Need help: COMSOL Optimizer under different components

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am having trouble using the COMSOL optimization module to solve for a kinetic parameter in a converged model while fitting measured data.

I have a converged model with a 1D fluid phase component and a 2D particle/porous component set up. I am trying to optimize a parameter under the particle component to fit experimental data measured under the fluid phase component.

I set up the optimizer least square objectives with attached data csv file under the fluid phase component and the global control variable for the parameter desired to be optimized. I run into an error message **“Undefined function at the initial point. Returned solution is not converged”. **

Has anyone done anything similar to this? Am I missing something setting it up or attaching the data?

Thanks,

Gary

0 Replies Last Post Jan 11, 2018, 2:53 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Gary Xing

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.