Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Reduction in dimensions, fails to solve, thin films

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am working on simulations related to magnetostriction. And am interested in thinfilms.

To model my material I start of with a block or beam, in a magnetic field to look at strain versus the field. However, when I start to reduce the size, thickness of the block to that of typical thin films (um of 100s nm) the simulation gives an error message and fails to find a solution. I adjust the mesh for the domain according to the thickness.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong or am missing to allow me to solve for thinner sized elements. Any help would be appreciated. David

0 Replies Last Post Jan 29, 2018, 8:59 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello David Czerski

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.