Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2D Pipe Flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have simulated a stationary 2D pipe flow in a 30 mm X 5 mm rectangular domain using the Creeping flow module to solve the incompressible Navier-Stokes equation. The boundary conditions are no-slip wall on top and bottom edge, inlet velocity = 5 mm/s and outlet pressure is 0. I have obtained the results with max. velocity = 7.56 mm/s and max. pressure = 0.52 Pa.

The same simulation was run using weak form instead of using predefined modules. I have constructed the weak form for both continuity and momentum equation. I obtained the same velocity but the pressure distribution was not correct. Maybe there is mistake in my boundary conditions.

What is the mistake I am doing?

0 Replies Last Post Feb 22, 2018, 7:58 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Santanu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.