Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electromagnetic field lines in 3 phase bus bar systems in 3D

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Guys. This is my first post so please bear up with me.

I am trying to make a model that can model the electromagnetic field lines and force field strength for a three phase system. I have made the models, but the system will for some reason not converge.

When i try to converge, I get following message: Feature: Stationary Solver 2 (sol1/s2) Undefined value found. - Detail: NaN or Inf found when solving linear system using MUMPS.

I do not know what i am doing wrong, since im quite new at this.

Does anyone have a clue?

2 Replies Last Post Mar 15, 2018, 6:33 a.m. EDT
Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 6 years ago Mar 13, 2018, 10:37 p.m. EDT

Cagribey,

Set air conductivity to some non-zero small value, say 1 S/m, and solver will converge. This is so called conductivity scaling effect.

Regards,

Sergei

Cagribey, Set air conductivity to some non-zero small value, say 1 S/m, and solver will converge. This is so called conductivity scaling effect. Regards, Sergei

Posted: 6 years ago Mar 15, 2018, 6:33 a.m. EDT

Cagribey,

Set air conductivity to some non-zero small value, say 1 S/m, and solver will converge. This is so called conductivity scaling effect.

Regards,

Sergei

Hello Sergei, thanks for the reply. It feels like that value can be 0 in 2d, and not 3d. do you know why, btw it worked

>Cagribey, > >Set air conductivity to some non-zero small value, say 1 S/m, and solver will converge. This is so called conductivity scaling effect. > >Regards, > >Sergei Hello Sergei, thanks for the reply. It feels like that value can be 0 in 2d, and not 3d. do you know why, btw it worked

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.