Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Square wave boundary condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear sir,

I have applied a square periodic boundary condition for temperature (max 663K min 623K) at the inner boundary of an annular geometry. The period of square wave boundary condition is 3600s with each temperature remains for 1800s. Logically the max temperature and minimum temperature in my temperature contour should be 663K and 623K respectively, but I am having less than 663K and greater than 623K for some time interval in my simulation (near to transition of temperature region i.e. 1800s, 3600s etc.). The annular cylinder is made up of concrete with insulation from all other side and square periodic condition in its inner cylindrical surface. I have attached my comsol file for reference. I shall be thankful for your help in the case.

1 Reply Last Post Mar 15, 2018, 11:03 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago Mar 15, 2018, 11:03 a.m. EDT

The intial value for the temperature field is 293.15[K], which do not correspond to the temperature given by the 'square wave' function at t=0. So the periodic/steady-state regime is not reached.

best regards,

The intial value for the temperature field is 293.15[K], which do not correspond to the temperature given by the 'square wave' function at t=0. So the periodic/steady-state regime is not reached. best regards,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.