Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D plot: Reflectance of surface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone Tell me, please, how to remove the highlight (glare) presenting at surface in 3D plot? In older versions it was possible to determine "Reflectance of surface" dull/sunny/metall... How can I get surface without specular reflection? Thanks!

6 Replies Last Post Mar 29, 2018, 11:23 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago Mar 29, 2018, 9:24 a.m. EDT

Hi Yuri,

Just click the "Scene Light" icon at the top of the Graphics window.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hi Yuri, Just click the "Scene Light" icon at the top of the Graphics window. Best, Jeff

Posted: 6 years ago Mar 29, 2018, 9:43 a.m. EDT

Thank you, Jeff! Only this option? Can I change type of reflectance and/or position? The V3.5 had more options :)

Thank you, Jeff! Only this option? Can I change type of reflectance and/or position? The V3.5 had more options :)

Posted: 6 years ago Mar 29, 2018, 10:17 a.m. EDT
Updated: 6 years ago Mar 29, 2018, 10:20 a.m. EDT

Yes, there are many more options under the View node's Light tab. The above was just the shortcut to turn in on and off.

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Yes, there are many more options under the View node's Light tab. The above was just the shortcut to turn in on and off. Jeff

Posted: 6 years ago Mar 29, 2018, 10:43 a.m. EDT

Thanks for the support, but I can not agree. For example, I can not change the transparency level, I can not set the edge color and so on. When you talk about "more options under the View node's Light tab", are you really talking about options related to lighting/reflectance? I use comsol on linux and I can only turn on/off Scene Light. Something else?

Thanks for the support, but I can not agree. For example, I can not change the transparency level, I can not set the edge color and so on. When you talk about "more options under the View node's Light tab", are you really talking about options related to lighting/reflectance? I use comsol on linux and I can only turn on/off Scene Light. Something else?

Posted: 6 years ago Mar 29, 2018, 11:06 a.m. EDT

See attached screenshot.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
See attached screenshot. Best, Jeff

Posted: 6 years ago Mar 29, 2018, 11:23 a.m. EDT

Thanks!

Thanks!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.