Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Flow through the porous material (Brinkman equation study)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear friends, i was trying to make a brinkman equation study for the 2D rectangular geometry. I need to identify the pressure drop between the inlet and oulet of the object. The fluid flow through the porous material is the topic of my interest. . Also i applied specific velocity to the inlet and pressure to the outlet.The parameter which is changing is the porousity of the material.In theory, the change in the porousity need to change the values of the pressure. However,in my solution the pressure values stay the same. What can be wrong with solution ? thank you in advance

0 Replies Last Post Apr 4, 2018, 4:36 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dinara Junuskaliyeva

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.