Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Vibrational mode attribution to appropriate elements of a complex object

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a physical object which is made out of several parts. Let's call them part A and part B. Each of its parts produce a set of vibrational eigenmodes, set-A & set-B of frequencies. When the individual parts are combined into one union object (call it C), I obtain a new set of vibrational eigenmodes, set-C. The new set is not the union of the separate original sets, because modes mix and shift in a comlicated way when the elements are joint to form a union object. Now, how can I attribute modes, obtained from set-C, to either of the specific components A or B?

0 Replies Last Post Apr 17, 2018, 4:58 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yovav Kalifon

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.