Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Ultrasonic ndt of composites using COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Does anyone know how to carry out ultrasonic ndt simulation in solids or other structures using comsol? I want to carry out beam propagation using an array of transducers in a solid using comsol. Any help regarding this would be welcome!

Thanks!

4 Replies Last Post May 4, 2018, 7:20 a.m. EDT
Yara Soares COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago May 1, 2018, 10:30 a.m. EDT

Dear Chirag,

For a quick response, consider submitting your question to support@comsol.com.

Kind regards,

Yara Soares

Dear Chirag, For a quick response, consider submitting your question to support@comsol.com. Kind regards, Yara Soares

Posted: 6 years ago May 1, 2018, 10:31 a.m. EDT

Dear Chirag,

For a quick response, consider submitting your question to support@comsol.com.

Kind regards,

Yara Soares

Hi, I have tried but it was not of much help

>Dear Chirag, > >For a quick response, consider submitting your question to support@comsol.com. > >Kind regards, > >Yara Soares Hi, I have tried but it was not of much help

Posted: 6 years ago May 4, 2018, 7:15 a.m. EDT
Updated: 6 years ago May 4, 2018, 7:17 a.m. EDT

Hello Chirag,

I think your question might be too general. At first, you need to investigate the "physics" you are working on. It seems that you work in "Acoustics", once again, make sure that you pick the right one because there are several "physics" inside "Acoustics Module". You should take a look at the manual of this module and several examples on the library. For an array of loudspeakers, you might look at the example "Bessel Panel".

The Bessel Panel describes how to use "Points" to model an array . You might plot a circle or any shapes and define them with "Incident Pressure Field" to mimic a source.

Best,

Quoc

Hello Chirag, I think your question might be too general. At first, you need to investigate the "physics" you are working on. It seems that you work in "Acoustics", once again, make sure that you pick the right one because there are several "physics" inside "Acoustics Module". You should take a look at the manual of this module and several examples on the library. For an array of loudspeakers, you might look at the example "Bessel Panel". The Bessel Panel describes how to use "Points" to model an array . You might plot a circle or any shapes and define them with "Incident Pressure Field" to mimic a source. Best, Quoc

Posted: 6 years ago May 4, 2018, 7:20 a.m. EDT

Hello Chirag,

I think your question might be too general. At first, you need to investigate the "physics" you are working on. It seems that you work in "Acoustics", once again, make sure that you pick the right one because there are several "physics" inside "Acoustics Module". You should take a look at the manual of this module and several examples on the library. For an array of loudspeakers, you might look at the example "Bessel Panel".

The Bessel Panel describes how to use "Points" to model one source. You might plot a circle or any shapes and define them with "Incident Pressure Field" to mimic a source.

Best,

Quoc

Hi Quoc,

Thank you for your reply. What i am trying to do is model the beam field from a pizeoelectric transducer into a solid, when the transducer is in contact with the solid or when there is water between the pzt and solid. The frequency is in terms of MHz. So the physics underlying would be acoustic in terms of fluid case and then structural interaction

>Hello Chirag, > >I think your question might be too general. At first, you need to investigate the "physics" you are working on. It seems that you work in "Acoustics", once again, make sure that you pick the right one because there are several "physics" inside "Acoustics Module". You should take a look at the manual of this module and several examples on the library. For an array of loudspeakers, you might look at the example "Bessel Panel". > >The Bessel Panel describes how to use "Points" to model one source. You might plot a circle or any shapes and define them with "Incident Pressure Field" to mimic a source. > >Best, > >Quoc Hi Quoc, Thank you for your reply. What i am trying to do is model the beam field from a pizeoelectric transducer into a solid, when the transducer is in contact with the solid or when there is water between the pzt and solid. The frequency is in terms of MHz. So the physics underlying would be acoustic in terms of fluid case and then structural interaction

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.