Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Software is not installing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Recently I changed my Operating System to Windows 7(32 bit) . The comsol software is not getting installed. What could be the reason. It gives some error message as shown in the image!! Please help me guys.........

2 Replies Last Post May 4, 2018, 1:51 p.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago May 3, 2018, 2:27 p.m. EDT

Hello Sangeerth,

The error message is pointing out that the version of COMSOL you are trying to install (5.3) does not support your 32-bit OS. You will need to install a supported OS, such as a 64-bit version of Windows, or if you have to use a 32-bit version of Windows revert to an older version of COMSOL (The last one to have supported 32-bit Windows was 5.1).

For detailed system requirements for various versions of COMSOL, see https://www.comsol.com/system-requirements/

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Sangeerth, The error message is pointing out that the version of COMSOL you are trying to install (5.3) does not support your 32-bit OS. You will need to install a supported OS, such as a 64-bit version of Windows, or if you have to use a 32-bit version of Windows revert to an older version of COMSOL (The last one to have supported 32-bit Windows was 5.1). For detailed system requirements for various versions of COMSOL, see https://www.comsol.com/system-requirements/ Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 6 years ago May 4, 2018, 1:51 p.m. EDT

Thank You for the information @Jeff Hiller

Thank You for the information @Jeff Hiller

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.