Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

microfluidics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hai all

my geometry is a rectangular having 10mm in x direction and 1mm in y-direction.

the first half ( up to x=5mm) consists of one fluid and second half consists of other fluid having same properties.

top and bottom walls are moving walls with 0.05m/s velocity . the left and right boundaries are stationary.

at x=5 mm i have two edges.

I want to equate the shear stresses on these bounadires. is it possible in COMSOL?

2 Replies Last Post May 2, 2013, 2:49 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Siva Kumar

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago May 1, 2013, 4:31 p.m. EDT

hai all

my geometry is a rectangular having 10mm in x direction and 1mm in y-direction.

the first half ( up to x=5mm) consists of one fluid and second half consists of other fluid having same properties.

top and bottom walls are moving walls with 0.05m/s velocity . the left and right boundaries are stationary.

at x=5 mm i have two edges.

I want to equate the shear stresses on these bounadires. is it possible in COMSOL?

Hi Siva,

Did you solve your problem? I am facing similar problem.

Basant
[QUOTE] hai all my geometry is a rectangular having 10mm in x direction and 1mm in y-direction. the first half ( up to x=5mm) consists of one fluid and second half consists of other fluid having same properties. top and bottom walls are moving walls with 0.05m/s velocity . the left and right boundaries are stationary. at x=5 mm i have two edges. I want to equate the shear stresses on these bounadires. is it possible in COMSOL? [/QUOTE] Hi Siva, Did you solve your problem? I am facing similar problem. Basant

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 2, 2013, 2:49 a.m. EDT
Hi

are you using TPF (two phase flow ?) in which case the "continuity" should be done by default by COMSOL, however I'm not fully sure how to set the two boundary conditions to get this to look nice, I tried with two inlets of known velocity gradient but then I block the outflow of one species

The model is v4.3a TPF Level set laminar and take some time to solve ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi are you using TPF (two phase flow ?) in which case the "continuity" should be done by default by COMSOL, however I'm not fully sure how to set the two boundary conditions to get this to look nice, I tried with two inlets of known velocity gradient but then I block the outflow of one species The model is v4.3a TPF Level set laminar and take some time to solve ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.