Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Obtain the mesh vertex location belonging to a domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I would like to create a geometry from a deformed mesh (the in-build function of COMSOL doesn't work on bar domain).
For this purpose I have to know, which vertex belong to which geometry.

With
vtxUndef = model.mesh(meshName).getVertex();
edgUndef = model.mesh(meshName).getElem('edg');

So I obtained important information, however I haven’t been able to find to which geometries these vertex/elements belongs to.

Does someone know how to proceed?

Best
Yannick

2 Replies Last Post Jul 4, 2011, 4:23 a.m. EDT
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 1, 2011, 6:17 a.m. EDT
Hi

In order to get information about the (undeformed) mesh you can use the mphmeshstats function:

[s,d]=mphmeshstats(model)

Look at the output in the d variable.

Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi In order to get information about the (undeformed) mesh you can use the mphmeshstats function: [s,d]=mphmeshstats(model) Look at the output in the d variable. Lars Gregersen Comsol Denmark

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 4, 2011, 4:23 a.m. EDT
Thank you Lars.
It give me exactly what I need.

Have a good week!
Yannick
Thank you Lars. It give me exactly what I need. Have a good week! Yannick

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.