Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Setting of time dependent study for cyclic voltammetry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I want to define a time dependent study for cyclic voltammetry under the Transport of Diluted Species Interface. But I cannot find the way to define the parameter of scan rate. It seems the TDS interface don't provide a boundary of electrode surface with scan rate. Could anyone help me with the problem? Thank you very much.

Best, Chi

3 Replies Last Post Oct 5, 2018, 1:48 a.m. EDT

Posted: 6 years ago Oct 4, 2018, 5:57 a.m. EDT

I did this 4 years ago, wish this helps.

Lasse

I did this 4 years ago, wish this helps. Lasse

Posted: 6 years ago Oct 5, 2018, 1:43 a.m. EDT

I did this 4 years ago, wish this helps.

Lasse

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for your help. I also found your glucose oxidation example.

As I want to simulate the CV of EDL, I donot want to include electrode reactions. So I introduced the electrostatic interface to define a stern layer. And I defined a scan signal (E1) according to your method at the electrostatic interface. But I didnot get the correct CV curves for EDL. And if I defined a periodic scan signal (E2), the errors occured. Are there anything wrong with my settings? And my mph file is attached. Thank you!

Best, Chi

>I did this 4 years ago, wish this helps. > >Lasse Hi Lasse, Thank you for your help. I also found your glucose oxidation example. As I want to simulate the CV of EDL, I donot want to include electrode reactions. So I introduced the electrostatic interface to define a stern layer. And I defined a scan signal (E1) according to your method at the electrostatic interface. But I didnot get the correct CV curves for EDL. And if I defined a periodic scan signal (E2), the errors occured. Are there anything wrong with my settings? And my mph file is attached. Thank you! Best, Chi

Posted: 6 years ago Oct 5, 2018, 1:48 a.m. EDT

EDL relaxes so fast that - in my opinion - what you need to do is to calculate the electrode capacitance at various potentials (i.e. surface charge). Current during CV is then scan rate*capacitance.

EDL relaxes so fast that - in my opinion - what you need to do is to calculate the electrode capacitance at various potentials (i.e. surface charge). Current during CV is then scan rate*capacitance.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.