Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

If Condition In Variable Definitions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I was wondering how to implement this?

I want to implement the situation as follows: The original temperature of a wall is 24degC. There is a temperature profile applied on the exterior surface of the wall. For the interior surface, I need a boundary condition like this, T(22<=T<=28) + 28(T>28)+22(T< 22)[degC], which means when the resulted average temperature of the interor surface is out of the range of 22-28degC, it will be forced to 22 or 28degC.

Could anyone please help with this? Thanks a lot in advance!

1 Reply Last Post Feb 4, 2019, 5:56 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Feb 4, 2019, 5:56 p.m. EST
Updated: 5 years ago Feb 4, 2019, 6:11 p.m. EST

As a supplement, the interior temperature profile used as boundary condition is a derivative of the resulted temperature profile. The boundary condition of T(22<=T<=28) + 28(T>28)+22(T< 22)[degC] was used to implement of the air conditionor. Is this method correct? Thanks.

As a supplement, the interior temperature profile used as boundary condition is a derivative of the resulted temperature profile. The boundary condition of T(22

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.