Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Lagrange Multipliers, Laplace equation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear, I am trying to understand how COMSOL use Lagrange multiplier for boundary condition for the corrosion. which is the resolution of Laplace equation, with imposing a current at the boundary. For that I did a bar element (edge element) with 2 nodes. The first node is imposing a current (or we can do current density), at the second node is imposing a function of current density vs. potential. We have no value of essential boundary condition (potential). In COMSOL it works. At the 1st node side COMSOL impose the enforce the condition:
Constraint Constraint force Shape function siec.phil0-phil test(siec.phil0-phil) Lagrange (Linear)
siec.phil0 is Electrolyte potential on boundary. Shape functions Name Shape function Unit Description Shape frame Selection siec.phil0_ic1 ODE V Electrolyte potential on boundary Global

-I tried a hand computation in attached file : newton.png, but it does'n't give the COMSOL results. Please, Can you help if you have a another point of view? Thanks, Gali

0 Replies Last Post Mar 6, 2019, 6:56 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Gali Mourni

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.