Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Run COMSOL @ remote PC -> JAVA error!!!

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys! I'm trying to run COMSOL to simulate myscript.m file, which works perfectly on my PC, in another PC.
This is what I did:

ssh -X etc etc
cd myfolder
nohup ./mybash.sh &

in mybash.sh I got this:

time comsol35 -np 2 -tmpdir $mytemp batch myscript > mylog.log

everything starts and should be OK but if I exit with exit command from the machine and then re-login in the nohup's output file I got this:

X connection to localhost:10.0 host broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)
pure virtual method called
/usr/bin/comsol35: line 2345: 7820 Aborted ${MPICMD} ${JAVA} ${JVMARGS} ${CLTMPARG} -classpath ${FLCP} ${SHOWVERSION} ${MAINCLASSARG} ${APPLARGS}
2066.28user 427.27system 42:14.13elapsed 98%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 0maxresident)k
0inputs+0outputs (44major+4698982minor)pagefaults 0swaps

suggestions!?

1 Reply Last Post Mar 3, 2014, 3:04 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Luca Borromei

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 3, 2014, 3:04 p.m. EST
I'm running into a similar problem. Trying to run comsol 4.4 on a linux server. I'm SSH'd into the linux server from windows running XMing. (good X Server) Everything is fine with the SSH/X11 setup, I can run other problems on the linux server like matlab, etc. But when I run comsol 4.4, I get the error:

pure virtual method called

And then the program bombs.

I'm guessing one can't run comsol through and X11 pipe?

Alex
I'm running into a similar problem. Trying to run comsol 4.4 on a linux server. I'm SSH'd into the linux server from windows running XMing. (good X Server) Everything is fine with the SSH/X11 setup, I can run other problems on the linux server like matlab, etc. But when I run comsol 4.4, I get the error: pure virtual method called ... ... ... And then the program bombs. I'm guessing one can't run comsol through and X11 pipe? Alex

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.