Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Difference between measured perimeter and calculated perimeter

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all

I am trying to cauculate the perimeter of the geometery in my model.

Firstly, I used the measure function to acquire the perimeter.

Secondly, I defined a interpolation function intop(1) on the boundary of the geometry and I tried to compare them.

However, what I found is that there is difference between measured perimeter and calculated perimeter. And calculated one is smaller than the measured one as well as the real perimeter.

Is this allowable discrepency or the error of the defined perimeter-calculation-function?

Thanks in advance.

Best

1 Reply Last Post Mar 29, 2019, 7:53 a.m. EDT
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Mar 29, 2019, 7:53 a.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Mar 29, 2019, 7:58 a.m. EDT

Hi Ke,

Please see this Forum thread for some information about discrepancies in values computed by the Measure tool and the integration operator:

https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/230392/question-regarding-the-calculation-of-area

Best regards,

Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Hi Ke, Please see this Forum thread for some information about discrepancies in values computed by the Measure tool and the integration operator: Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.