Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Question about import external data in cylindrical coordinate system?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

My geometry is a cylinder and I intend to import external heat source data to it.

The external data table in .csv file has 4 columns, for example: r(cm) fai(rad) z(cm) power(w/cm3) 1 -3.14 0 10 2 +3.14 1 20 ......

Maybe I have to import the data in cylindrical coordinate system of comsol, therefore my problems are : 1) how to set cylindrical coordinate in comsol? 2) the problem of heat source formular unit : int1(x[1/cm], y[????], z[1/cm]) [W/cm^3]

I tried y[1/rad] in comsol default coordiate system, but the color is always orange, maybe y[1/rad] is only valid in cylindrical coordinate?

Any help will be appreciated and thanks in advance!

Zhefu

0 Replies Last Post Apr 12, 2019, 12:18 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello lzf neu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.